Monday, February 9, 2009

Return of jenna

The pains from losing Lappy are still fresh, but my new electronic love, Yukon Cornelius, or Corny, is helping to ease the pain. A week and a half ago I purchased an Acer Aspire laptop. Yeah, I had never heard of Acer before either, but the IT guy at work who was working on Lappy, recommended this one as an affordable laptop that would serve all my mobile computer needs. It is a young, exciting love between Corny and I and I hope we can have many years together.

Anyway...

I last left you all right before the holidays. After two and a half days in both the Salt Lake City and Sea-Tac airports. It was quite the nightmare. Who'd have thunk it back in October when I booked the ticket home that I would be flying into the worst snow storm the NW has seen in 30 years. Oddly enough, the whole horrible ordeal still wasn't as bad as being in a certain state for a month last year.

It was wonderful being home for two weeks over Christmas. But, alas, I needed to go back east to return to Jumpstart. I don't know why I didn't understand this about New England in the winter before I came here, but THIS PLACE IS F***ING COLD! I am so sad to think that the one or two times it has gotten up to 40F it has felt down-right balmy. I am sure I was warned about this, but why didn't I listen? Why?

Life is pretty plain right now. Has been for a while. I hang out with my BBFF (Boston Best Friend Forever) Maegan at least once a week and I spend time with Jess and Amanda from the Silver Unit last year often. The VISTAs at Jumpstart are great, but we live so far from each other that it is hard to do anything outside of work together. My roomies and I seem to be warming up to each other as well, so that's nice. Other than that, I spend most of my free time watching seasons of TV shows, walking around parts of Boston (never too far from my subway line) and sleeping.

That pretty much sums up my life since Thanksgiving. I may have forgotten something, but I don't think I did. Life is vanilla right now. That's ok, but I wouldn't holler if I got a bit of peppermint right about now. So long for now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails